With just 3 days until we fly to Hawaii there is an unanticipated and unwanted complication to our trip named Hurricane Felicia. I first heard of Felicia a few days ago and was not too worried at first. Yesterday the track of Felicia took it directly over the Big Island as a TS of unknown strength. This morning it looks like it will have dissipated to a depression before it arrives. I am still worried that our flight may be delayed a day but we are hoping for the best. It will also mean that we will have a lot more rain and clouds than we would have liked. But come hell or high water we are going to go and make the best of it.
All our preparations are almost done. The dog sitter for Max came yesterday. She will pay Max a visit in the morning and the evening. She will also get or mail, paper, take out the trash, water the plants, etc. I still wish we could take Max with us but that is not practical. A little shopping today for travel essentials, a check with the TSA website to see what new travel restrictions may be in place, and a check on the projected status of our flight to Hawaii will occupy my day.
I have done everything I can think of to prepare for the trip and I just hope the flight goes quickly and without problems and we can arrive at Hawaii safely and start enjoying ourselves. We both really need a relaxing, enjoyable vacation. There are so many places in the world I want to visit but at my age there are some places I know I will never be able to visit.
I will be taking my laptop with me to post updates to Twitter and Facebook as well as upload photos. I may even make an entry or two here. Now I am going to go pray that Hurricane Felecia goes away and does not interfere with our plans. Wish us luck and say a prayer for us.